Design a site like this with
Get started

GROW Through What You GO Through …..

Only you can change your life no one is going to do it for you”

Your thoughts are your own gamble and it is your mind who needs to win.’

So when I was little my grandfather used to tell me a story that i wanted to share with you, also anshika had once recited this at school and received great admiration for the narration so it serves as a nostalgia :

In a small Italian town, hundreds of years ago, a small business owner owed a large sum of money to a merchant. The merchant was a very old, unattractive looking guy that just so happened to fancy the business owner’s daughter.He decided to offer the businessman a deal that would completely wipe out the debt he owed him.However, the catch was that we would only wipe out the debt if he could marry the businessman’s daughter.Needless to say, this proposal was met with a look of disgust. The merchant said that he would place two pebbles in a bag, one white and one black . The daughter would then have to reach into the bag and pick out a pebble. If it was black, the debt would be wiped, but the merchant would then marry her. If it was white, the debt would also be wiped, but the daughter wouldn’t have to marry the merchant. Standing on a pebble-strewn path in the businessman’s garden, the merchant bent over and picked up two pebbles.Whilst he was picking them up, the daughter noticed that he’d picked up two black pebbles and placed them both into the bag.He then asked the daughter to reach into the bag and pick one.

The daughter naturally had three choices as to what she could have done:1.Refuse to pick a pebble from the bag.2.Take both pebbles out of the bag and expose the merchant for cheating.3.Pick a pebble from the bag fully well knowing it was black and sacrifice herself for her father’s freedom.

She drew out a pebble from the bag, and before looking at it ‘accidentally’ dropped it into the midst of the other pebbles. She said to the merchant,“Oh, how clumsy of me. Never mind, if you look into the bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked.”The pebble left in the bag is obviously black, and seeing as the merchant didn’t want to be exposed, he had to play along as if the pebble the daughter dropped was white, and clear her father’s debt.

We get to learn that, It’s always possible to overcome a tough situation through out of the box thinking, and not give in to the only options you think you have to pick from. Whenever you’re in a snag or dilemma just by putting a little thought to it you can change wonders unless you keep keep anticipating that you can not.

Life is a two way thing. It is not always going to be a piece of cake , there is good in somethings and bad in others but now it comes down to your perspective. Your life is 10% what you think and the rest 90% is how you react to it.

Believe me I hate when people muggle rubbish about forgetting the past or only being positive all the freaking time, that ain’t gonna work dear. The past is what has shaped you, it brought you to where you are today and who you are,use it as a weapon to slash the intruders and triumph over the future . On the other page about thoughts we hear optimism is the key to everything ,but pessimisim is also an emotion and it has a rightful place too, lol. It’s not about finding the good in every single thing it’s about accepting the negativity and making them good.

We fall.

We break.

We fail.

But then,

We rise.

We heal.

We overcome.


Published by Sakshi Tiwari

This is Anshika and Sakshi (age 15) starting our blog related to a world we dream of making , the aspirations ,confusions , problems , questions and solutions of young minds like us .

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: